Friday, March 16, 2012

Marshmellows

Hot chocolate with marshmellows is one of my favorite things.  I'd seen  brown wool with white silk noils on esty that I wanted to buy, but it was a bit out of my price range.  However, I bought a grab bag from another seller to practice with.  She included a brown and white (not quite sure what to call it) roving and I immediately thought of hot chocolate with marshmellows.  I decided to attempt to incorporate what I'd learned about coiled yarns as well.  (video here from dyingwitch)

I ended up fighting my wheel a little.  The delta orifice was large enough to take the coils, but not the butterfly hooks.  I also had more lace weight than thick and thin, so when I ran out of the thick and thin I just plyed the lace weight with itself.

I don't have pictures of the thick and thin roving, but here is the lace weight:

And here is the finished product on the bobbin.  I didn't have time to unwind it last night  The lace weight (I don't know what kind of fiber it is) turned out a little fragile and I had issues with it breaking as I plied the coils.



The picture only shows 1 1/2 of the marshmellows.  I hope to update this post with more pictures.  The end was only lace weight.  I am trying to figure out what to make with the yarn when it is finished.

I also need to create labels for the handspun I made for a swap.  I have to finish the yarn, measure WPI, and make a label.  Hopefully finishing it on the niddy noddy will allow me to measure it so I can include that on the label as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment